CAULIFLOWER SOUP A LA POLONAISE by Right-Brain Joanna
Making a pureed soup is quick and easy with an electric blender, and with a crispy topping that is both decadent and delicious, this soup is very inviting.
Serves 4-6 generously
1 cauliflower, broken into smallish bits and thinner stalks included
2 small onions, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
4 bay leaves
1 tsp/1g dried or a stalk of fresh thyme
1 tsp/1g oregano
5c/1.25L chicken stock
1 tsp/5ml olive oil
salt and pepper
2 tbsp/30g butter
1/2 c/21g fresh, real, breadcrumbs
1/4 c/5g fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Sauté onions until translucent.
- Add the chicken stock and heat up.
- Add the seasoning and cauliflower. Simmer until soft.
- Meantime prepare the topping. Melt the butter in a suitably sized frying pan. Add the bread crumbs; toast until brown. Pull off the heat and stir in the parsley.
- Once the cauliflower is soft pull the pot off the stove and leave to cool somewhat to make for safer blending.
- Remove the bay leaves and pureé until silky smooth. Taste for seasonings.
To serve, fill the bowl with the soup and pile a scoop of the crumble on top.